Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Subterranean Ghosts

I posted my review of John Scalzi's The Ghost Brigades today. For the SFFWorld Science Fiction Book Club this past May, the discussion book happened to be John's Old Man's War, which I enjoyed a great deal. If ound the book to be a good balance of action, character, humor, and story, so I was looking forward to The Ghost Brigades. While TGB was a different book, I enjoyed it no less and liked it probably just as much, although for different reasons.

As serendipity or coincidence would have it, when I stopped by the local Borders for Locus yesterday, I was surprised to see they had the SF Cliche issue of Subterranean magazine guest edited by Mr. Scalzi. I'll be diving into the magazine tomorrow.

It is hot as balls in New Jersey. My pool is in the middle of my back yard and as a result, is under the shade of no tree. Today, the pool water was up in the 90s. I might have a shipment of ice delivered to drop in this weekend.

No comments: