Sunday, July 23, 2006

Knight Clerks

I saw Clerks II on Friday and absolutely loved it. After Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, I was expecting a bit of a letdown. I shouldn't have worried. I thought it was perhaps his second best movie. Kevin Smith hit every note correctly on this one. Dante and Randall didn't seem to skip any beats and worked just as well together. I also thought Smith did a great job of making the film accesible to people who might not have seen Clerks. Of course, there was plenty in there for folks like Mrs. Blog o' Stuff and I who have seen all of his films.

Of course, some people will disagree with me on the film, but Kevin knows his movies aren't for everyone. I happened to hear the O&A show when he and Siegel had it out and thought it was pretty funny.

In book news, I just posted my review of Greg Keyes' The Blood Knight. As I said in an earlier post, I loved this book. Every page. I just didn't want it to end.

No comments: