Sunday, June 18, 2006

Wizards, Jaguarmen, and Robots oh my!

About a week ago, I finished up Chris Roberson's amazing Paragaea. He did so many things right in this book. Dinosaur-riding pirates, jaguar men, and quantum physics. As it stands, the book is very near the top of my reads for 2006. Check out the review and Roberson's Web site for the book. Chris keeps a consistently interesting blog, where he posts excerpts and all sorts of kewl Science Fiction goodness. Read the book and keep up with his blog. Oh yeah, he also owns/runs Monkeybrain Books.

I ordered the tickets yesterday and they should be coming over the e-mail soon - Godsmack with Rob Zombie and Shinedown. I don't think I could as for a better combo for hard rock. I've seen all three bands perform and they are all great live acts.

I started a short story and a novel in the past week. They are completely unrelated to each other. However, they both are fighting for my creative attention at the moment. I know I should focus on one, but they aren't letting me do that.

No comments: