Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Time Dancing Away

I posted my review of Steve Cash's Time Dancers a day or so ago. Despite it being written pretty well, I just didn't feel engaged by the characters or the barely-there plot. Perhaps if I read the first book, The Meq, I would have had a different reaction.

Finally, I caught the new X-Men movie over the weekend. I went in with very low expectations, based on what others have said, but still hoping to be entertained. I thought it was entertaining, but I did have problems with it, especially the characters who didn't quite make it to the credits. I know movies and comics are different mediums, but when there is such an established universe and set of characters, I see no real reason to mess with what has worked before.

This blog really is becoming something of a wasteland, no? Perhaps I should take it out in the backyard to shoot it and put it out of its misery. Ah, at least I have all my links here, which is what I've been using it for lately.

A new job will do that (especially when a lot of the posting prior to this new job were done during work hours at the previous job). I have been focusing on writing fiction, I finished a short story last week and started another one very recently. I haven't jumped back into a full-length novel yet, though. I want to work on some more stories first.

Enough rambling, back to the fiction.

No comments: