Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Savage Review

Yesterday I posted my review of Robert Newcomb's Savage Messiah, which was easily one of the five or ten worst books I’ve read in the past five years and one of the worst books I’ve ever read. The scary thing about this book is that some comments I’ve seen state this book is an improvement over his previous work. If that’s the case, then I cannot understand why people accept such mediocrity.

In good reading news, I finished up V for Vendetta recently, and I only wish I discovered this brilliant SF work earlier. The response the film has been pretty polarize, with people seeming to either love it or hate it. I don’t know that I’ll get the chance to see it in theaters, but I do at least want to see it when it comes to DVD. I picked it up a couple of weeks ago when I stopped by Kevin Smith’s comic shop, which is always a fun place to visit when in downtown Red Bank.

This is my last week at the current job. On the 24th, I’ll be switching companies, where I’ll essentially be doing the same thing, but for better money and a much better opportunity to advance and move up. I don’t know how much blogging I’ll be doing once next week begins.

No comments: